2021 - Present
Staff Software Engineer
- Technical lead for e-commerce catalog team, guided 8 ICs to independently deliver projects using a complex tech stack including Ruby on Rails API, Sidekiq, React, Node.js, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Heroku, AWS.
- Led strategic planning for integrating catalog domain features through merger with LeafLogix Point-of-Sale, balancing complex catalog data source of truth business rules through the combined systems.
- Collaborated with Product team counterparts and internal stakeholders to align feature roadmaps with a long-term architectural strategy across many teams. Project to support multiple product photos demonstrated collaboration across ETL, catalog, back office and consumer menu teams.
- Conducted over 70 interviews with IC & EM candidates. Collaborated with Sr. Management to rollout a new, bias-reducing interview stage, training dozens of engineers in its use.
- Mentored, coached, and code paired with dozens of engineers across the company. Excelled in communication with a diverse team, fostering trust and safety.
2019 - 2021
Senior Software Engineer II
- Developed code architecture for Point-of-Sale catalog ETL system with 20+ integrations such as Cova, using Ruby. The system powers real-time menus for thousands of retail locations & billions in GMV.
- Implementation & continuous improvement of the data model for the industry's most comprehensive product catalog, using Rails, React, PostgreSQL & MongoDB - 10m+ menu products & 200k+ curated idealized catalog products.
- Automated catalog connection system using Elasticsearch relevancy matching.
- Standardized Rails API & Dry-RB code patterns used in several services.
- Independently developed essential internal tooling using Ruby, Rails, and MongoDB for the catalog and ordering systems, enabling efficient support & triage.
- Proactively addressed urgent escalations, including system outages and Rails/MongoDB/PostgreSQL performance issues.
Senior API Developer
- Created interview assessment workflow integration with Bamboo HR's ATS using AngularJS 1.7 & Rails API.
- Improved performance and stability of assessment search by creating an Elasticsearch bulk reindexing task.
2010 - 2018
SF & Remote
- Reported directly to the non-technical CEO, facilitating product development.
- Shipped an Apple TV app using RubyMotion and Apple's TVML, working closely with the design team.
- Created a Rails API for event data, used by the mobile & TV apps and external customers including Myspace.
- Added Rails ETL integrations for ~25 event/ticketing sources (REST APIs & web scraping), including StubHub.
- Designed a data pipeline using Sidekiq, AWS SQS and DynamoDB for long-term storage of real-time ticket pricing. As of mid-2018, the database contained 3 billion pricing records.
Pillar Data Systems
FPGA & Firmware Engineer
NASA Ames - CTAS
UC Santa Cruz
B.S. Computer Engineering