- Ruby developer since 2007, previously hardware engineer with logic design
- Focus on back-end programming: APIs, data modeling, PostgreSQL, etc
- Proficient with Bootstrap / jQuery front-end web dev, learning Vue.js
- Experienced with tvOS front-end dev and Cloud (AWS/GCP) DevOps
- Interested in machine learning and game design
- Based out of Portland, Ore. and currently considering local and remote positions
This website was (over)built as a demonstration, using Rails, responsive design with Haml/Sass/Bootstrap, and hosted on Linode using Docker Swarm. Code available on GitHub.
Thrillcall connects fans with the concerts they're interested in, through a comprehensive listing of events and the ability for users to track the musicians they already like and listen to on social media.
- The main API for event data, consumed by mobile apps and external customers including Myspace.
- Apple TV app using RubyMotion and Apple's TVML.
- Automated API and Web data incorporation for ~25 event/ticketing sources including StubHub.
- Data pipeline using AWS SQS and DynamoDB for long term storage of realtime ticket pricing, database contained 3 billion pricing records as of mid 2018.
- Integrations with ~10 third-party services including Spotify to match users' listening data with their favorite artists on our site.
- Social integrations including Facebook Canvas page tab for listing events, and a Hootsuite-like product for Artists and Venues to promote events across multiple social platforms.
- Various front-end tasks including music service connections, responsive redesign for the Event web page, SEO, and admin tooling. Worked closely with designers on all front-end heavy projects.
FPGA & Firmware Engineer
Responsible for the design and implementation of FPGA-based systems, including Verilog module design and related firmware in C++.
Software Development Assistant (Internship)
Assisted with various tasks on a large Air Traffic Management software project, using ANSI C.
B.S. Computer Engineering